If you or someone you love was hurt in a car accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the car accident lawyers at Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law may be able to help you. We can review your case, estimate the value of your damages, negotiate with insurance companies, write demand letters to negligent parties, and assist you in getting the best possible recovery under the law.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, on average, 352 crashes occur each day. In 2018, there were 1,190 fatalities in car accidents, and another 78,219 people were injured. Among those injured, 4,534 people were seriously injured. Serious injuries can have a major impact on victims and their families. Victims might become disabled and be unable to work. Families might struggle to make ends meet as a result of high medical bills, expected rehabilitation expenses, and lifestyle adjustments. The cost of serious injury can be immense for families, with some serious injuries setting families back hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, and lost wages.
Our Pittsburgh Car Accident lawyers have over 35 years of combined legal experience and take great pride in their work ethic, commitment, & litigation skill.
If you or someone you love was seriously injured in a car accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you may have many questions about what your next steps should be. If another driver was responsible for your accident, you may be entitled to seek damages to cover your losses from the negligent driver. Negligence in a car accident case can involve another driver who broke the law, a distracted driver, a drunk driver, and more. If you think the other driver was at fault for your crash, Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law in Arizona may be able to help you. Drivers who are to blame for a car accident could be held responsible for covering your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
You may also have the right to make a claim with insurance. Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law is a car accident law firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that may be able to assist you with the claims process. You may only have a limited timeframe to make a claim under the law. Contact Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law today. Our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers can review the details of your case, estimate your damages, and assist you with taking the next steps to protect your rights.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES IN PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA
Car accidents can leave victims suffering from serious injuries. Some of these injuries can result in permanent disability while other injuries might require weeks to months of rehabilitation. Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law is a Pittsburgh Pennsylvania auto accident law firm that helps individuals recover damages for their injuries. Here are some of the car accident injuries for which we may be able to assist you with your claim:
- Spinal Cord Injury. This type of injury can result in permanent disability and can be incredibly costly for victims and their families. For example, high tetraplegia injuries can result in expenses exceeding one million dollars. Victims may require ongoing nursing care, home adaptations, and support. Spinal cord injury is one of the most serious injuries individuals can experience in a car accident, and can therefore result in larger settlements. Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law are auto accident attorneys in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania who may be able to assist you with this type of claim.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Even minor TBI can result in memory problems, difficulty sleeping, sensory changes, mood changes, and more. More serious forms of TBI can result in problems speaking, problems walking, and other cognitive impairments. TBI can be a very serious injury and can also be costly to treat, not to mention the fact that it can leave victims out of work. If you suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, reach out to Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law today. We may be able to help.
- Burn Injuries. If your car accident or crash resulted in burn injuries, you may be facing a long recovery period and may be struggling with pain and disfigurement. Burn injuries can impact victims for life. If you or someone you love was burned in a car accident, Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law is a car accident law firm that may be able to help you.
- Broken Bones and Injured Joints. Car accidents can leave individuals with broken bones. While most people heal from these injuries, some broken bone or injured joint injuries can leave people suffering from pain for months after the injury takes place. If you or someone you love suffered a broken bone or injured joint in a car accident, Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania may be able to help. Our car accident lawyers can review your medical bills and rehabilitation costs and assist you with the next steps.
- Some car accident injuries can result in amputations. These injuries can be disfiguring and may require the use of prosthetic devices. If you or someone you love suffered this serious injury, Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania may be able to help.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. Mental distress following a car accident can impact all aspects of your life. PTSD can leave victims unable to sleep, suffering from mood changes, experiencing flashbacks, or even avoiding driving or riding in a car. If you or someone you love is suffering from PTSD after a car accident, the car accident lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania may be able to help.
- Other Injuries. Broken bones, neck injuries, whiplash, sprains, internal injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder can also result from a car accident. Even if some of these injuries can result in a full recovery, victims might miss time from work, and may struggle to make ends meet while paying rehabilitation and medical expenses. If you or someone you love is struggling in the aftermath of a car accident, reach out to Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law today.
These are just some of the injuries individuals might face following a serious car accident. These injuries can result in immense losses. Not only do many victims need immediate medical care after an accident, but many may also require ongoing care or nursing support. Others may endure a long rehabilitation, while yet others may not be able to return to work. Victims may have options when it comes to seeking a recovery for these losses. Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law are auto accident lawyers in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania who may be able to help.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If you’ve been in a car accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, it is important to take steps to protect your rights. Call the police and make a report. Seek medical attention right away. Exchange contact information with the other driver or drivers involved. Get the names of witnesses. Take photos of the accident scene if you can and if it is safe to do so. Let your insurance company know right away that an accident has taken place. Finally, if you have questions about the insurance claims process or if you have questions about your rights, consider reaching out to Scanlon & Wojton, LLC: Attorneys at Law, an auto accident law firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that may be able to assist you with your case. In the aftermath of a car accident, victims may seek a settlement with insurers. While insurance adjusters are required to honor their contractual obligations, sometimes insurance adjusters offer victims the lowest possible settlement. Victims and their families may not be aware that they can possibly seek a higher settlement amount by providing additional information or support for their claim. The car accident lawyers at Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania work closely with car accident victims to help them with their case. Our lawyers can review your claim, help you take the next steps, and negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf. You are not alone. We are here to help.
Our firm offers clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and offer you an honest assessment of your claim and also provide you with a roadmap forward. Reach out to our car accident lawyers today.
Not sure if you have a case?
SEEK JUSTICE After a Car Accident in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Today
At Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law, we believe that the attorney-client relationship is one that is highly personal. After all, your attorney will work with you to understand how traumatic injury affected your life and your family. You need an attorney you can trust. This theory, which also distinguishes us from most other law firms, helps us best understand where our clients are coming from in their experience. We believe it is every clients’ right to have unparalleled access to his or her attorney when it is their life, livelihood and future being held in our hands. Needless to say, this is not something we take lightly. We believe it is the clients’ right to have exceptional personal service and exceptional legal representation at the same time without having to join the assembly line of the big legal factories. To learn more about how we can help you and your family with your car accident claim, reach out to the accident lawyers at Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania today.