Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
In these uncertain times you have questions.
Trusting a care facility to properly care for a loved one is difficult even under normal circumstances. During the COVID-19 pandemic you have been unable to visit. Access to or communicating with those in care facilities has been greatly restricted. Has the facility followed mandated protocols? Are residents’ needs being met?
When those you have trusted to care for a loved one betray that trust, and your loved one suffers, you have every right to be angry, and even scared. We will help make things right. If your loved one has been abused or neglected by their nursing home staff, our attorneys will review every detail in their case and fight to make sure no further harm comes to them.
Abuse: Cruel or violent treatment.
Neglect: Fail to care for properly.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Bed injuries/asphyxiation
- Psychological issues (sudden emotional or physical changes)
- Poor personal hygiene
- Unsanitary living conditions
- Unexplained injuries
- Falls, fractures or head injuries
- Loss or lack of mobility
- Rapid weight loss or gain
- Instances of wandering or elopement
- Unexplained or unexpected death of a resident
- Unreasonable physical restraint or seclusion
- Lack of care for existing medical problems
- High staff turnover
- “I don’t want _ to care for me”
- Injuries inflicted by another resident
- Broken bones, especially hip fractures
- Injuries requiring an ambulance or hospitalization
- Rape or other forms of sexual abuse
At Scanlon & Wojton, LLC, we believe that the attorney-client relationship is one of the most personal and important relationships in a lifetime. This theory, which also distinguishes us from most other law firms, helps us best understand where our clients are coming from in their experience. We believe it is every clients’ right to have unparalleled access to his or her attorney when it is their life, livelihood and future being held in our hands. Needless to say, this is not something we take lightly. We believe it is the clients’ right to have exceptional personal service and exceptional legal representation at the same time without having to join the assembly line of the big legal factories.
FREE Case Evaluation
Complete this form and one of our qualified attorneys will contact you with the next steps.